I am very happy to announce another opportunity to begin to learn the art and science of foraging in our beautiful valley in the Serra do Açor.
Wild food is abundant in Portugal that not only costs nothing but is many times more nutritious than most of the food we buy and not covered in toxic biocides. Wild food is a priceless gift from Nature we can all enjoy.
The days will be experiential and we will take time to meet the plants and rediscover our connection to Nature through our relationship with wild edible plants.
The day will be immensely practical with a lot of time given to identifying, collecting and tasting the different plants. We will also discuss the many benefits of foraging and of the nutritional content of the individual plants.
From the workshop you will:
- Start to uncover a deep connection between yourself and the natural world
- Discover the benefits of bringing wild plants into your garden and kitchen
- Become skilled at identifying some common edible wild plants you can find in your area
- Learn the growing habits and timings of these useful weeds
- Discover how to eat these common wild plants raw and cooked
- Learn some medicinal properties of familiar weeds
- Discover teas you can make from common plants
- Take home full-colour handouts of the most common plants
- Experience a day at the wild and beautiful Quinta da Floresta in the Serra do Açor.
- Enjoy a simple, delicious vegetarian lunch with some of the plants we will harvest ourselves.
The workshop will be in English and Portuguese
The cost for the day is €35 each which includes a simple and delicious vegetarian lunch and handouts.
For more information or to inscribe please email me, Laura Williams, email@example.com or call 961480954
If this price is an obstacle to you coming and you would really like to attend the workshop please get in touch.
Places are strictly limited so apply early!